The MagnoMeter XRS™ suite of instruments provides unmatched functionality and unparalleled analysis and performance, at any stage of the formulation or manufacture process, across any industry.
Mageleka’s flagship instrument is the MagnoMeter XRS™ RelaxoMeter, a powerful and versatile next-generation benchtop low-field NMR spectrometer that provides fast, accurate, particle characterisation and surface analysis of dispersions. It is ideal for fundamental formulation R&D, rapid QC of incoming raw materials, and QA of final commercial products.
The RelaxoMeter Flow is ideal for use with heterogeneous suspensions where batch sampling is problematic. Use it to monitor milling processes in real time, and under industry-relevant conditions. Also for investigation of the impact of continuous addition of chemical reactants, and for laboratory studies of process control.
The SedimentoMeter is a simple benchtop device for: determining settling/sedimentation rates of slurries, investigating particle aggregation (coagulation/flocculation), and measuring fast or slow kinetic processes and mechanisms. It is ideal for accelerated aging and shelf-storage studies.
The NMR relaxation time is a fundamental, intrinsic, property of all states of matter, and the MagnoMeter
measures T1 and T2 relaxation times for both solid-liquid or liquid-liquid phase mixtures, and from as little as 0.01% to over 90% disperse phase concentration (sample dependent). From the relaxation times and their ratio, the effective wetted particle surface area – an important parameter for many applications – can be determined (by calibration) as well as optimising dispersant and polymer adsorption concentration.
- No moving parts, no optical alignmentissues, no calibration required
- Simple plug-in set-up
- The temperature-controlled MagnoPod™ is separate from the control module, which eliminates electronic and thermal interference
- 1 second – 2 minutes, real-time, fast measurement speed (sample dependent)
- MagnoPod™ is ideal for hazardous sample isolation; multiple MagnoPods™ can be operated from one control module
- Unlimited non-invasive measurements with superior signal-to-noise ratio
- Exchangeable standard NMR glass sample tube to accommodate a very wide range of sample types
- Small footprint uses minimal bench space; limitless configurations of MagnoPod™ and control module
- Provides a complimentary technique to traditional particle sizing, zeta potential, BET gas adsorption and
mercury porosimtery analysis