The very best mobile analysis solution; addresses every conceivable need and goes well beyond them too!
Mobile OES take the myriad advantages of arc/spark OES and remove the constraints of needing a laboratory environment and carefully prepared sample. The best OES – like Metal Power’s Metavision-MX and Metavision-MX+ come with self-contained trolleys that house not just the optics and plasma generation sources, but also with in-built computers and touchscreens, and are equipped with wheels and suspension designed to enable the unit to be wheeled around over extended distances in rugged conditions like those on a foundry or forge-shop or in scrapyards, shipyards etc. Extremely compact and completely self-contained, these OES can also be loaded into small vehicles and driven to places where testing is needed (e.g.) scrapyards visited for purchasing/sales). This enables users to move the instrument to the point where testing is needed – making the OES both mobile/portable and transportable. For sparking, the mobile OES is equipped with handheld probes at the end of 4m (or longer) conduits. Multiple probe options are provided enabling users to select the mode of testing needed. Users can also select from a variety of sample adaptors, enabling analysis of different types of shapes, including curved surfaces (for inspection of items such as wire rods), angles (for inspection of weld joints) etc. What makes mobile OES far preferable to any other ‘portable’ spectrometer or other handheld models is the ability to test for UV elements including C, S, P, B, As and N. Mobile OES can test for C in all three modes (arc, spark and UV) while the UV probes address the need for testing all these elements to low levels (down to 20 ppm and lower). This makes mobile OES far preferable to other portable or mobile options – particularly XRF – as these do not analyse UV elements at all.
Key advantages of Metal Power’s mobile Optical Emission Spectrometers (OES)
- Full Grades’ Library for rapid PMI
- Rapid analysis times across probes
- Pre-loaded as well as user-defined libraries for Grades and/or CRMs
- Fully integrated self-contained trolley
- Extremely rapid stabilisation period
- Integrated capacitive touchscreen
- Integrated trackpad and keyboard
- Single-sample re-standardisation
- Easy-change probe conduits (<10s)
- Ultra long-life field-swappable batteries (1,000 burns per charge)
- Shock-proof; dust-proof and splash-proof design
- Rugged build- designed for the shop floor
- Most advanced applications suite with plethora of unique features
- Touch-optimised, user friendly, icon-driven operating software suite
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- All manner of probes and adaptors available
Other mobile Optical Emission Spectrometers available from Metal Power include:
Metavision-MX+ Full spectral coverage up to 671 nm, covering 55+ elements (including Li and Na analysis), delivering the highest performance and flexibility on 4 wheels.