SmartSPM – Advanced stand-alone AFM
Automation of operation / Ease of use
- Fully automated laser to photodiode alignment (no user click-on-spot is required!).
- Exchanging probes has never been so easy before!
- Fully automated configuration for the most common AFM modes.
- Extremely fast system adjustment before starting measurements!
Resolution / Stability / Accuracy
- One single 100µm scanner gets large scans as well as goes down to molecular or atomic resolution.
- No vibration isolation is required for standard measurements.
- The lowest noise closed loop sensors make it possible to have them on even during molecular resolution imaging and get the most accurate results.
- Scanner resonant frequencies >7kHz in XY and >15kHz in Z are the highest in the AFM industry today.
- Optimised scanner control algorithms makes it possible to scan much faster than ever before!
All SPM modes included plus Nanolithography with no additional units and costs
- Kelvin Probe Microscopy, Piezoresponse Force Microscopy, Nanolithography and Nanomanipulation are all included in the basic package!
Flexibility to upgrade to AFM-Raman
- The SmartSPM was designed from the ground up for easy and appropriate coupling with Raman systems.
- Contact AFM in air, and liquid (optional);
- Semicontact AFM in air, and in liquid (optional);
- True Non-contact AFM;
- Dynamic Force Microscopy (DFM, FM-AFM);
- Dissipation Force Microscopy;
- Top Mode;
- Phase Imaging;
- Lateral Force Microscopy (LFM);
- Force Modulation;
- Conductive AFM (optional);
- I-Top mode (optional);
- Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM);
- Kelvin Probe (Surface Potential Microscopy);
- Single-pass Kelvin Probe;
- Capacitance Microscopy (SCM)
- Electric Force Microscopy (EFM);
- Single-pass MFM/EFM (“Plane scan”);
- Force curve measurements;
- Piezo Response Force Microscopy (PFM);
- PFM-Top mode;
- STM (optional);
- Photocurrent Mapping (optional);
- Volt-ampere characteristic measurements (optional);
- Shear-force Microscopy with tuning fork (ShFM);
- Normal Force Microscopy with tuning fork.
SmartSPM Scanner and Base
Sample scanning range: 100 µm x 100 µm x 15 µm (±10 %)
Scanning type by sample: XY non-linearity 0.05 %; Z non-linearity 0.05 %
Noise: < 0.1 nm RMS in XY dimension in 200 Hz bandwidth with capacitance sensors on; < 0.02 nm RMS in XY dimension in 100 Hz bandwidth with capacitance sensors off; < 0.04 nm RMS Z capacitance sensor in 1000 Hz bandwidth
Resonance frequency: XY: 7 kHz (unloaded); Z: 15 kHz (unloaded)
X, Y, Z movement: Digital closed loop control for X, Y, Z axes; Motorized Z approach range 18 mm
Sample size: Maximum 40 x 50 mm, 15 mm thickness
Sample positioning: Motorized sample positioning range 5 x 5 mm
Positioning resolution: 1 µm