SPF-290AS SPF Analyser / UV Transmittance Analyser
Solar Light’s versatile SPF-290AS UV Transmittance / Sunscreen Protection Factor Analyser is an integrated turnkey UV spectrophotometer, designed and optimized for the determination of SPF values on a variety of sunscreen and cosmetic products, as well as materials testing. This self-contained, attractive desktop unit reduces the need and associated cost for in-vivo testing. Covering both the UVB and UVA spectral regions, the system automatically scans from 290 to 400 nm, accumulating and storing data at intervals of 1, 2, or 5nm. The monochromatic protection factor (MPF) is determined for each of the selected wavelengths, and is used to calculate the SPF value, using solar irradiance and erythemal constants that are programmed into the software (but which can be easily modified.)
The high correlation between the SPF-290AS in-vitro measurements and in-vivo test results provides confidence that the analyser will be a reliable guide to product performance. The SPF-290AS delivers reliable results on the most difficult samples. An easy-to-use testing methodology, combined with reproducible results, opens the door to efficient and low cost experimental design techniques for formulation optimization. This will result in faster formulation and lower development costs due to a reduction in the need for extensive in-vivo panel studies.
The Complete SPF-290AS SPF Analyzer / UV Transmittance Analyzer and Computer Includes:
- Motorized and automated X-Y sample stage and control module for Hit-and-Forget measurements of up to 12 discrete sample positions
- 175W CW Xenon Source
- Color Compensating Filter
- PMT Detection Module – The photomultiplier provides extremely high sensitivity and ultra-fast response. Photomultiplier tubes (PMT) have high bandwidth and noise-free gain on the order of a million. This makes PMTs ideal for the detection of extremely low light levels as required in SPF measurements.
- Precision scanning monochromator with stepping motor and controller
- Computer hardware and software as described above
- Box of 25 syringes with tips (1 ml disposable)
- Validation kit
- Factory calibration data
- Complete instruction manual
- Audio/ Visual training
- Available for use with 100 VAC / 50 Hz, 110 VAC / 60 Hz, or 220 VAC / 50 Hz. Specify at time of order.
This unit is relied upon in the most prestigious commercial research laboratories in the world, including Avon, BASF, Clairol, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Good Housekeeping, ISP, Johnson & Johnson, Lever Bros, L’Oreal, Mary Kay, Merck, Revlon, Rohm & Haas, Proctor & Gamble, Unilever, Andrew Jergens, Helene Curtis, Whitehall Robins, Bayer, S.C. Johnson, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Tanning Research, Pfizer, Boots the Chemist, UK Ltd., Amway and many others!