The UVISEL Plus phase modulated spectroscopic ellipsometer achieves higher sensitivity and accuracy for characterizing thin films when compared to conventional ellipsometers using rotating elements. It enables the detection of very thin films or interfaces that no other ellipsometers can see as well as the characterisation of thick layers up to 50µm. The measurement and characterisation of transparent samples with backside reflections are simple and accurate and doesn’t require the scratch of the backside.
Designed for enhanced flexibility for thin film measurements, the UVISEL Plus offers microspots for patterned samples, variable angle, automatic mapping stage and a variety of accessories, making it scalable to meet all of your application and budget needs.
The modular design of the UVISEL Plus makes it possible to be used either as a benchtop metrology tool, or for in-situ integration on process chambers. or roll to roll machines.
The UVISEL Plus is controlled by either the DeltaPsi2 software platform or the Auto-Soft interface that are common to all HORIBA ellipsometers. DeltaPsi2 provides a complete measurement and modelling package allowing to address both routine and advanced thin film applications, while the Auto-Soft interface features an intuitive workflow to speed up data collection and analysis.
The UVISEL Plus and its FastAcq technology is the most versatile spectroscopic ellipsometer for thin film thickness and optical constant measurements in the fields of materials research and processing, flat panel displays, microelectronics and photovoltaics.
The UVISEL Plus is considered a Reference ellipsometer for ultimate materials science.
- Highest accuracy and sensitivity
- Modular design
- Large spectral range: 190-2100 nm
- Fully integrated software package for measurement, modelling and automatic operations
- Thin film thickness from 1Å to 50 µm
- Surface and interface roughness
- Optical constants (n,k) for isotropic, anisotropic and graded films
- Derived optical data such as: absorption coefficient α, optical bandgap Eg
- Material properties: compound alloy composition, porosity, crystallinity, morphology and more
- Mueller matrix