LynX Fast and sensitive detector for novel X-ray applications
ASI’ s LynX X-ray detector series are hybrid pixel area detectors, with a pixel pitch of 55 μm, suitable for a wide range of applications. The capability of the LynX detectors to discriminate or measure energy of X-rays in each of its 512 x 512 pixels offers unprecedented possibilities for X-ray detection, imaging and tomography. LynX sensors (Si, GaAs, CdTe) are divided into an array of pixels and connected via bump-bonds to the readout electronics integrated in the chips below the sensor.
LynX 120 is based on the Timepix ASIC. Each pixel either counts the number of detected events, measures the amount of energy deposited in the pixel or measures the time of arrival of the detected photon. The readout provides frame rates up to 120 frames/s.
LynX 1800 is based on the Medipix3RX ASIC and has improved speed. In continuous read out mode up to 1800 frames/s with zero dead time can be recorded. In charge summing mode improved spectroscopic performance is achieved, avoiding loss of energy because of pixel to pixel charge sharing.
In addition, the LynX 1800s which is also based on Medipix3RX but with bumps every 110 μm is also available. In charge summing mode, it has 4 energy thresholds allowing to count X-rays of different energy windows in a single measurement.
Advantages of our detector
- Direct, single photon detection
- Excellent point spread function
- Zero noise, high S/N and high dynamic range
- Short read out time and high frame rates
- Modular detectors, enabling large active area
- Increased high energy efficiency with high Z sensor materials
- Phase Contrast Imaging (Ptychography, Grating Interferometry)
- Scanning SAXS/WAXS Imaging Small-Angle X-ray Scattering
- X-ray Diffraction
- Time Resolved Experiments
- X-ray and medical imaging
- Macromolecular Crystallography